Pages

Monday 9 September 2013

Coughs and Sneezes

Well it is a bit of a miserable day at home for me. Aches and pains. Sneezing and coughing. YUK so what is one to do whilst wasting the day away in bed feeling sorry for herself well.... Troll the Internet on the ipad. First facebook... Then a few other blogs... Followed by a good hour looking through pinterest!! So I am planning on sharing some of the things that I found were pretty cool today.

Firstly a really cool little envelope idea. I could see making these to include in a project life album or scrapbook page to hold a small memento. Would probably glue two sides together and use two little brads and some linen thread as a closure though so it wasn't too bulky and a nuisance to open and close.

aphotoplace.blogspot.com

Storage ideas are always on my think list. I currently have all like items in boxes but it still involves some digging around to find what I am looking for. I have a small home with not many storage areas so all my stuff is in two built ins and I am have to move things to find things... I long for the day when I don't have to do that!

This first idea uses those old glad wrap and aluminium boxes as a repurposed Washi tape dispenser. I like this because you can see all the tapes at a glance and the cutting teeth is an added bonus. I can also see in the picture that the boxes have been decorated as well which is pretty cool.

 
craftaholicsanonymous.net
 
 
Die storage is another issue for me. The Stampin up ones are fine as I keep them in the plastic envelope they come in but I have heaps of other dies that I keep in an old VHS box. Again I am digging around to find them and each time you can always here me exclaim "oh wow I forgot I had that" hence its time to think of other options. This folder idea looks pretty good so long as they cant slip out and that they are easily accessible. I like in this example how they are viewable. Sourcing the materials might be an issue but I do like the idea.
 

 
shellypop.com
 
A small DVD box for embossing folder storage is a top idea. I noticed this has an accompanying booklet with examples. I would probably just emboss smaller 3x3 pieces and add a jump ring to keep them together and have it tucked in the front of the box .. although..... the booklet would also easily fit as well. This booklet is binded so adding more papers might be an issue. I love the numbering system for easy locating and the decorated box looks lovely. If you look in the background the embossed folder is also numbered for easy packup.
 

 
splitcoaststampers.com
 
Now this is an awesome idea for your punches. I have actually done this with mine. I cut out cardstock, punched and labelled and then laminated them all. I keep them together by hole punching in one corner and added a split ring. This easily allows me to see the punches I have but better still when I stamp an image that I want punched I can lay the laminate card over the top to gauge the size and the punch I need to use. So if you have a bit of time to spare I recommend doing this one. I keep mine in the box with the punches for easy access.
 
organizedstamping.com
 
Finally just a quick share of a video. I think I am going to make a few of these up as tree decorations this year in a blue and white theme. I can fill the milk cartons with goodies and use them as gifts.
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...